An Innovating Journey of School-wide. Implementation of Positive Education
The programme is conducted with the collaboration of ISNF Cyprus foundation
This program is considered Vital (Top priority) and includes 14 hours of virtual class training and 4 hours of visit of the trainer in the role of consultant at each company to provide support how to apply key elements of the program in the context of the School’s needs.
All teachers and parents want the best for their children. They want their children to be happy, love learning and to flourish. They want them to live out their dreams and reach their innate potential. The challenge, however, is finding the right education model. One that doesn’t stifle their potential nor produce cookie-cutter pupils. An excellent option to consider is positive education, which combines traditional education principles with research-backed ways of increasing happiness and wellbeing.
Positive education, although only just over a decade old, has enjoyed rapid growth (Seligman & Adler, 2018; Shankland & Rosset, 2017) and can pride itself on being an innovative and expansive field (Chodkiewicz & Boyle, 2017; Waters & Loton, 2019).
Positive education is the combination of traditional education principles with the study of happiness and wellbeing, using Martin Seligman’s PERMA model and the Strengths classification. Seligman, one of the founders of positive psychology, has incorporated positive psychology into education models as a way to decrease depression in younger people and enhance their wellbeing and happiness.
By using his PERMA model (or its extension, the PERMAH framework) in schools, educators and practitioners aim to promote positive mental health among students and teachers.
Headteacher and leadership teams in schools will want to ensure –
- Students have good understanding of their emotions and the impact it has on their behaviour and learning
- Better wellbeing
- Greater coping mechanism
- Increase resilience
- Facilitating academic performance
- Increasing motivation among students
In this context, this training program will provide the participants from headteachers, school leaders, teachers and teacher assistance a solid understanding of Positive Education and the knowledge and new skills required to implement it as a whole school climate together with the newly acquired skills to design a positive education curriculum fit for their school. This is an innovative programme, changing the way that schools work and giving a new perspective to education and educational environment.
The overall purpose of the Purpose of the program is three fold::
- To upskill participants in the science of wellbeing in education,
- to advance their knowledge, skills and mindsets to support students more effectively
- to equip and coach them to design a positive education curriculum and carry out wellbeing assessments
1, 2, 3 November 2022
09:00 – 15:00
14 + 4 ώρες
Method and Area of Education:
22 Larnakos Avenue, office: 201, 2101, Aglantzia, Nicosia
** Last day of registration: /- Pending -/2022 **
Information and participation statements: 22 253601, email@example.com
|€ 1530 ( + VAT)
|€ 290.7 (VAT)
• VAT is calculated based on the initial cost of the seminar as it is not subsidized by the HRDA. Can be returned in case of companies.
• The listed costs concern grant beneficiaries.
• Payable by Invoice: You will receive an invoice approximately one week prior to the commencement of the course.
Πρόγραμμα Φόρμα Εγγραφής